- You can connect to a remote instance using SSH. You can also install your favorite extensions on the remote instance.
- You can access the instance from any IP address, even a changing one.
- Use your existing AWS infrastructure, including VPC, IAM role and policies, to create remote instances.
- When connected, automatically power on an instance
- Configure an SSH client to connect to AWS Cloud9 instances using AWS Systems Manager Session Manager
- Modify an AWS Cloud9 instance after you disconnect to make it work again
To follow the detailed post, you will need to have these prerequisites:
- An AWS account
- Visual Studio Code downloaded, installed
- OpenSSH compatible SSH client that supports key pairings for public key authentication
- AWS CLI installed and configured using a named profile which grants access to the AWS account
Codespaces and other remote development solutions can also use SSH to work from remote machines in VS Code. Ragusa’s solution taps into AWS services that are tailored to its cloud users. He said that AWS Cloud9 provides a pre-packaged environment with essential tools for popular programming language, as well as the power of Amazon EC2. AWS Cloud9 has an auto-shutdown feature that powers down your instance when it isn’t being used.