- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate. This associate demonstrates “expertise designing and deploying scalable system on AWS”, and is paid a $132.840 annual salary.
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate. This certification validates “technical competence in developing and maintaining AWS applications, as opposed to designing the solution using the Solutions Architect certification.” The associated salary is reported to be $130,369.
The top three certifications that had higher associated salaries were:
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect – $139,529
- PMP – Project Management Professional $135,798
- Certified ScrumMaster – $135,441
The company stated that certifications must contain at least 100 survey responses in order to be statistically valid. According to a Forbes article, the average salary for the five AWS certifications from Global Knowledge was $125,591. According to Forbes, “The U.S. continues to have a shortage of AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associates,” which drove up salaries and recruitment incentives. “AWS’s dominance in the public cloud platform market is what drives demand for all five AWS certifications at higher levels this year. Enterprises are also choosing to build their cloud applications in-house and rely on AWS for their development platforms. IT teams are seeking to hire tech professionals with AWS Certified developer – Associate certification. This average salary is $114,148. It will give them the skills needed to create new apps in house. IT companies often compete to hire AWS certified architects. “AWS also offers its own certification program that includes exam readiness courses and some free exams.